Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm gonna be a mommy.... on saturday

Yep! I' m in love. I went to the humane society. I have been for weeks and I keep seeing all these little dogs but Im just not sure. I don't one that barks, or digs or chews, or pees on my new carpet, or jump on people or isn't housebroken.
I just want one who is sweet and quiet and playful. There was one I was thinking about but when I went back yesterday he was gone. I guess he got a nice new home so that's fine.
So then yesterday I walked into a separate room where some little dogs were kept and as i walked past an upper cage a little paw stuck out and tried to take a swipe at me.
When I looked in I saw a beautiful solid black cat.
I talked to him and he pressed his whole body up against the cage for me to scratch him. When I put my face up to the cage he started batting at my nose to play.
It was love at first sight. I don't know why it didn't occur to me before. A dog with all the qualities I want is a cat.
He is six months old, and his old owner moved. Best of all he got neutered today so that will help with spraying because he's still young enough.
So he's resting a few days and I can adopt him on Saturday. I might put him on hold for a few days if I feel he needs to stay there and recover, but they said he should be fine if I keep him in a small room.
I went to walmart today and got his supplies and a few goodies as well. :0)
I'll post some pics when I get him.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

it must be because you met sam and libby! have fun and good luck!