Monday, October 27, 2008

Taking Suggestions

okay, remember I use to have the list 101 things To Do before I turn 30?
Well I turned 30, and then 31. I was thinking I should make a list of things to do before I turn 40. most of the things on my 30 list were done, I guess that makes me a go getter.
So Im taking suggestions. Any ideas of worthy activities?

here is what I have so far:
101 more things to do before I turn 40 on July 28, 2017
1.Get married
2.Go to Italy
3.Go to Alaska
4.Go to Zimbabwe
5.Publish a book
6.Have children
7.Adopt children
8.Win a contest with a cool prize
9.Learn to shoot a gun
10. Ride in the side car of a motorcycle
11.Speak internationally
12. Speak at conference
13. Freelance write.
14.Study the psalms
15.learn to swim
16.visit chimney rock in NC
17. Go out west
18.sleep on a water bed
19. have a sleep over with my nieces
20.visit central park
21.try a bloody Mary
22. learn 10 healthy recipes
23. learn to sing
24. watch CNN for 1 month to learn about current events
25. go to post Katrina new-Orleans
26. but a bouquet of flowers to give to a random stranger
27.go buy-one-get-one shopping with the intent of giving away the freebie
28. meet a celebrity
29. Have a pet dog
30. Plant a fabulous garden
31. Visit the holy Land
32. see the grand canyon
33. see mount rushmore


I need lots of suggestions.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Silly I know...but I suggest falling in love before getting married and having babies :-P

merrill5 said...

love schmuv. if he's rich that's good enough for me. ;0) ha ha
no that should probably be #1 and get married #2

Sandra said...

Okay, here goes. After #1 & #2 but before #6-- Have sex in a rowboat, under the stars would be a nice touch.
Also: Be on TV
Learn a new activity (skiing, roller blading, tennis, whatever interests you but you've not learned)
Grow a vegetable garden
Raise a chicken
Visit Greece
Send me an autographed copy of your book on life as a missionary :)
How many things have you done that were never on the other list?
Using a long drop
Horseback riding in Africa
Driving on the left side of the road
Etc.
Love you!

merrill5 said...

ummm, yeah the row boat, I don't think so. One, the life jacket is so not sexy. Two, oars in bad places...'nuff said. three, sea sickness. the stars was a given, otherwise others would see. that's reason number 4.
But I do like the idea of learning a new activity. I've been thinking of cross country sking.