Monday, June 16, 2008

Roger shared a version of this story:

A younge man once made himself a small boat.
He painstakenly carved it, paying attention to every detail. He laboured over it in love. He worked until it was pefectly crafted the way he wanted it.
When it was finally finished he went to test it out in the waters. He tied a string to it so that it wouldn't go to far, but the storms of the sea swept it away.
A while later he was walking along the shores near some little shops and spotted his little boat. He went to the shop keeper inside.
"This is my boat. I'd recognize it anywhere. I crafted it. I know this is the one I lost."
"Well, it's had a lot of attention, it's so nice." the shopkeeper replied. "I purchased it at a cheap price, but now I will only sell it for $1,000Emalengeni."
The man left the shop heart broken. He returned home empty handed, but began scraping together every last bit of money he had. Finally, he had the $1,000Emalengeni and returned to purchase his boat.
What a glorious day it was. He returned home so happy.
As he held the little boat in his hands, he began to speak to it.
"You are my little boat. You are mine twice over. Once because I made you, and once because I bought you back at a great price."

1 comment:

Annie said...

So why do we find ourselves feeling unloved and unwanted?!?!?! We should feel treasured.