Monday, June 16, 2008

I will never tell my child, "It's nothing, go back to bed."

It’s every child’s fear to have a monster in their closet. And parents never believe them!
Well I am a 30 year old child and I DO have a monster in my closet! I don’t care if you believe me!
When I returned from the states I was awaken by a noise. It sounded like something digging into wood, a scratching sound. I woke up and went to the window. Nothing on the roof, the dogs next door weren’t out,- I couldn’t find anything. And by then the scratching ceased, and I went back to bed.
Well over the past week I’ve heard it again, always at night. But it quickly stops and then no more.
Well last night I started hearing the sounds from down stairs, even before I went to bed. I woke up and heard it loud and clear, never ceasing. Scratching, scurrying, tapping, on and on. I got up, and followed the sound to my first closet.
There is something living in my closet! It was midnight and I was terrified to open the doors. I have no idea what it could be but it is obviously nocturnal. And whatever it is, it is now bigger and more active than it was a week ago. I put a stool in front of the doors and went back to bed. I was petrified to go back to sleep in that room,- but there is no place else for me to sleep in the house.
So what do I do now?
They have such crazy things here in Africa. Snakes, scorpions, spiders as big as your face! I’m so afraid of what I might find if I open those doors!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sounds like a big rodent or something...do eyeeyes live in Swaziland? (small lemur like creatures)