Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I’ve gotten Christmas presents!!!!! I’ve gotten Starbucks coffee from Brandi, (as well as a musical Christmas card) and then I got a whole box of goodies from my nieces! They choose nail polishes, candles, as well as a bag of m&m’s! Yeah! I love Christmas, even if it is in February.
It’s funny, but the US post office always tells people it will take 2 weeks to get a package to Africa. And I guess technically it’s true. It will get to Africa in 2 weeks,- if they send it to Africa. Often they read “Swaziland” as “Switzerland” and mail it to Europe first. Then it comes to Africa.
Then it goes to South Africa first, and then in to Swaziland. And of course it has to go through customs. And rumor has it that the customs worker in Mbabane is just flat out lazy. So packages will sit there forever. You know I’ve gotten 3 packages in the same day, even though they were mailed weeks apart from one another. I have a hard time believing they all just show up on the same day!
So for 2008, start thinking of cards and boxes in October! Ha ha

No comments: