Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow Day


I've always said, "The only thing better than a snow day as a kid,...is a snow say as an adult!"
This is the first snow day we've had in years! The funny thing is, here in North Carolina, they cancel school because the weatherman predicted snow was coming. I get a kick out of that every time.
This morning I sat ever so gratefully in my rocking chair, which I pulled close to my side window. Wrapped in a blanket, I looked out towards the woods and watched the fat flakes float ever so gracefully to the ground.
I drank coffee. I read my bible. I prayed. I enjoyed bits of the Today show. I walked up the street on to my mailbox, and on the way home I took a couple of turns sledding with the little girl who lives next door.
Now, I'm sipping hot cocoa, and comtemplating how I'll get those muddy grass stains out of the knees of my jogging pants. I don't remember sledding being that messy in my childhood. But it's all good.
Sigh. What a great day.

No comments: