Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July

Everyone knows Christmas is my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving is second, after all, it's a holiday devoted to eating and napping. But the 4th of July is a strong 3rd. I've always loved it, and not just because it means my birthday is only a few days away. No it's the fireworks. I love the billions of sparkles lighting up the sky. But tonight as I watched them, I wondered how long it would be until I saw them again on American soil. Hopefully by the time 7/4/2007 rolls around, I'll be long gone. And I'm pretty sure Swaziland doesn't celebrate the 4th. So I guess I'm thankful that I can have enough forsight to appreciate what I have while I have it. No not, just the fireworks, but the 4th and all it represents.

1 comment:

Rehmeyers in Eswatini said...

We had fireworks at the Rodgers' with cheese burgers and baked beans. Would have thought we were in the US (except we were the only ones we heard shooting off fireworks). Rockets are bigger here too. Something to look foreward to. Hope Mbabane enjoyed it, we did.