Sunday, August 14, 2005

New Life


When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.
Jeremiah 29:12 (The Message)

We serve a God who longs to be known by us. He reveals himself so we might know him better.

When the poor and needy search for water and there is none, and their tongues are parched from thirst, then, the Lord, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will never forsake them. I will open up rivers for them on high plateaus. In will give them fountains of water in the valleys. In the deserts they will find pools of water. Rivers fed by springs will flow across the dry, parched ground. I will plant trees-cedar, acacia, myrtle, olive, cypress, fir, and pine- on barren land. Everyone will see this miracle and understand that it is the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, who did it. Isaiah 41:17-20

He waits in anticipation of the day we will respond to his call home and return to him. He can meet us anywhere we are; the highest high (plateaus), the lowest lows (valleys) the spiritually barren (desert). Wherever we are he meets us, with the miracle of restored, abundant, new, life.

No comments: