Sunday, April 12, 2009

In my current state of pruned-ness I have a lot of time just sitting and listening, reflecting, wondering, dreaming.
This is the part He's been speaking to me about. The rest.
I've stopped striving. I'm just waiting.
There was so much He spoke to me in Africa,- about marriage coming soon, the new ministry I'll be released into, a job where I can serve him,-and as I'm looking around I see absolutley none of it. It makes me laugh.
Are you sure about this?
But in spite of no evidence around me, I trust Him completely. And to be honest, I know it will all fall into place.
I just keep thinking about how I came across Jabu. I'd been visiting the humane society for weeks and never found the right dog. Then I came across him and it was love at first sight. Turns out the best dog for me was a cat all along.
I feel the rest will be the same. Now that I've stopped telling God how everything will work out I can just live day by day without the un-productive striving. It's that rest He's been talking about.
Just like Jabu, I know God has the right things waiting to put in place,-work, ministry, and marriage. But I won't be surprised if they're totally different that how I anticipated them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I needed to read this tonight...thanks.

Jamie said...

Been reading your blog...you are ministering to me. Thank you, Christy. I had coffee with James B this weekend and he mentioned you, so I looked you up. I'm glad I did. You are an inspiration. I have faith for you.

Jamie