Thursday, June 30, 2005

Is a Nickle Enough?


Her name was Kathryn and it was well known that she was her daddy's little girl. James Buckingham told one of their stories in his book Daughter of Destiny.

"Kathryn, do you remember when you were a little girl and you would stand behind me while I read the paper. You'd say, 'Papa, gimme a nickel.' I would tease you, sitting there pretending like I didn't hear you. You'd keep asking and eventually I'd dig in my pocket and hand you a nickel. Do you remember?
Kathryn, who had just begun her ministry in Denver, smiled and nodded her head. "Yes, papa, I remember."
"There's something you didn't know, baby. I loved you so much that I would have given anything you asked. You just limited yourself because all you wanted was a nickel."

This precious little girl in the presence of her loving father, had limited herself, simply because she didn't know to ask for more. He would have given her anything she'd asked, but naively, she was content to have so much less.
Today, my name is Kathryn, and I've awakened to find that I've only been asking for nickels from my adoring father. Because of his abounding love and unlimited grace he will give me anything I ask for in his Son's name.
So today Father, I step boldly before the throne of God and ask for more of YOU.
I ask for a stronger awareness of your presence, and all the blessings you have in store for me.
I ask for your full anointing on my life Lord. I know your word says that when the spirit gives, he does not ration his power, but gives it in full measure, pressed down, shaken together, filled 'till overflowing.
Lord I ask to receive your discerning wisdom so that I'm guided down the path of life.
I ask for assistance in exercising the fruits of your Spirit that you have already given to me. Help me to live in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
I ask for a continual sense of the presence of your Holy Spirit in my life. I ask for a greater understanding of his gifts and a stronger anointing as I step out in faith to serve your children.
I ask for an insatiable hunger for your Word, that I will read and read and never feel satisfied with the amount I've learned. And that it will be hidden within my heart and rise up within my spirit to encourage, educate, or edify myself and others.
I ask to be put in the path of those who are hungry to know you, both here in America and also in Africa. Help me to discern their needs, and minister to them.
Jehovah-Jirah, I ask you for all of these things in the name above all names, your Son Jesus Christ. And I thankfully receive them, praising your name because you are a loving and gracious Father who gives anything his children ask for.

No comments: