Friday, August 08, 2008


My teacher Lungile has passed away.
It’s so strange for me to think of her not being in my Thursday meetings, or at the carepoint.
I considered her a friend.
I remember once last year when I dropped her and her son off near their home. “Thank you Christy,” She said to me, “You are such a blessing to us.”
I’ve given lots of rides to people, but it was like Lungile to be thankful.
She had been so afraid to ask me for some time off of work when the doctor said she must rest. I reassured her that she had been working for us faithfully for almost a year, and we would gladly give her the time she needed to rest. I drove her to her family’s homestead that day with a love offering of soups, juices, and fruits.
“You know I see now that Children’s Cup, they care. They really care.”
That was the last time I saw her as herself. The two times I’d visited her this week in the hospital, she didn’t recognize me. Her mind had started to go. She was confused.
But I remember her as she really was.
Good-bye my friend. May you rest in Peace.

2 comments:

*marissa* said...

:( :( :( (((hugs)))

Annie said...

Christy, I'm so sorry to hear about Lungile. God be with you as you.