Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunrise, Sunrise


As I flew out to Africa I was traveling west against the sun. It was amusing that we were only in the air for a few hours, and the sun began to set. Then it was night for a few hours more and the sun began to rise.
As I noticed the sky getting lighter, I opened my window shade to watch the sun rise. Slowly the sky turned from black, to purple to rose. And as the sun began to crest over the horizon I looked down and saw land for the first time. It was the coast of Africa! It was a beautiful sight to behold, - hours and hours of oceans finally giving way to land.
Suddenly I heard that line from the song My Redeemer Lives, "Who told the ocean, 'You can only come this far'?" It made me realize that all creation, under heaven and on earth will ultimately submit to His authority.
He is all powerful.

No comments: