Friday, April 28, 2006

home (not so sweet) home


I've been home almost a week now and things are starting to settle into their old routine. My sleep is almost normal, and my work has been caught up. It is pretty much just as it was before I left. But a piece of my heart is back in Swaziland. I'm longing to be back there with the cows on the highway and the boulderous mountains surrounding me. No, it's not a perfect country, -in fact it's quite flawed. But there's something there that I'm drawn to.
The day before I left I was hugging the Rodger children goodbye. Levi (5) asked me, "Are you ever going to come back to Swaziland?"
Touched, I answered, "Yes, I hope so."
"Will you bring me some pop tarts?"
Now who could resist a request like that?
I really need to return. Not just to take him some strawberry pop tarts, but to settle the urge inside of me. I feel this is a calling, so I'm praying and stepping out in faith to return as part of the Children's Cup team.

1 comment:

Dave Ohlerking said...

We all await your return with great expectations!
Dave & Jean Ohlerking
Children's Cup Founders