Saturday, May 28, 2005

Swaziland...Here I come!


The strange thing is, I'd counted it for lost. I applied with Children's Cup back in February hoping for a 2 week missions trip this summer. But as I learned more about their organization, and about the children of Swaziland my little spark was fanned into a big giant roaring fire. I felt without a doubt that I needed to be there working along side of them. These children have been born with so little and yet have still lost so much. I feel an undeniable love for them and want the opportunity to help them.

Well after 4 silent months I'd decided they must not want me. I hadn't heard a thing. And then... I recieved an email from Children's Cup. Last night as I lay on the couch I felt God's prompting- "Go email them!" I felt he showed me the words to write so I did. It was short and sweet and sent through cyber space in a matter of 3 minutes. I didn't expect to hear a reply until after the Memorial Day weekend, yet there it was in my mailbox this morning. Written at 1:30 am:

Great timing.
Tomorrow we have our last meeting with the Swazi staff here in Louisiana.
We'll be happy for you to visit Swaziland. The first opening will be in February of 2006. Will this fit your schedule?
We are seeing tremendous growth of the program in Swaziland and believe you will be blessed by what you see and experience.
Dave & Jean Ohlerking


Notice the greeting: Great timing

Yes, I guess when I "wait upon the Lord" I do end up with great timing. I'm not really sure how this will all turn out but I know one thing,- Swaziland... here I come!

No comments: