Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas


Well, Christmas has come and gone. I was recovering from the flu but still ate like a champ and had a good time with my family. I fell asleep on Christmas Eve wondering where I'll be next year.
I sometimes long to have a little kiddie at Christmas to experience Christmas through their eyes again. However this year, I got to experience Christmas morning with Gabby, my mom's 3 year old dog. She's more entertaining than any kid. She was so excited to open presents and just played and played. Then she gathered all of her toys together in a pile and slept in the middle of them. Later she longed for desert, but, that was just for people.

Another interesting twist was the double sweater present. I'd bought my step dad a great sweater the day after Thanksgiving. I knew he'd love it! I couldn't wait to give it to him. On Christmas morning he opened it... and then just looked confused. I couldn't understand why he wasn't excited. Then he reached down and opened another present,- the same sweater. He'd found it at the mall a few days before and bought it for himself! Well, at least I know he likes it!

No comments: